Chicken and Bacon in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce served with Cauliflower ‘Rice’
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Recipe makes 1 portion
- 1.6:1 ratio
Recipe provides approximately:
|Chicken breast, diced||65g|
|Bacon rashers, fat trimmed and diced||20g|
|Cream cheese, full fat e.g. Philadelphia||15g|
|Dried mixed herbs||a pinch|
- Add olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Stir-fry chicken for 3 minutes, add bacon and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until lightly browned. Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add carbzero and cream cheese, stirring for 1-2 minutes to create a smooth sauce. Add herbs and season as desired.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes until sauce has thickened and chicken cooked through.
- Grate cauliflower using the largest holes in the grater or blitz in a food processor for 15 seconds.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and stir fry cauliflower pieces for 2 minutes until fully coated and lightly crispy.
- Serve together.
To download the Chicken and Bacon in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce served with Cauliflower ‘Rice, click here.
carbzero is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.