Minced Beef and Aubergine Bake
Recipe provides approximately:
|Aubergine, sliced into thin strips||60g|
|Minced beef, raw||60g|
|Garlic purée, e.g. GIA||1g|
|Tomato purée, e.g. GIA Sun Dried||5g|
|Mixed herbs||1 pinch|
|Double cream e.g. Morrisons/Tesco||30g|
|Cheddar cheese, grated||20g|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry aubergine for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, turn
over half way through cooking until softened and starting to colour. Remove
from pan and set aside.
3. Using the same pan, add the minced beef and cook for 3-4 minutes until
browned. Add onion, garlic purée and cook until softened.
4. Add tomato purée, mixed herbs, cream, and water. Continue to cook over a
medium heat until the sauce has started to thicken, adding salt and pepper as
5. Lay half of the aubergine slices on the bottom of an oven-proof dish and pour
over half the minced beef mixture. Top with half of the grated cheese.
6. Repeat step 5 with remaining aubergine, mince and cheese.
7. Place in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
To download the Minced Beef and Aubergine Bake recipe card click here
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you
- Serve with vegetables or salad
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.