This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||Per 1 portion||Per 10 portions|
|Fat||19.8g||17.8g LCT||198g||178g LCT|
|2.0g MCT||20g MCT|
|Sunflower seeds, peeled, chopped||20g|
|Ground flaxseed cold milled||75g|
|Plain white flour||10g|
|Baking powder Barkats carb-free||25g|
- Pre heat oven to 180˚C / fan 160˚C / gas mark 4.
- Mix the chopped sunflower seeds, ground flaxseed, ground almonds, flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, sesame seeds and xanthan gum together in a bowl.
- Using a mixer, add and water to the mix and knead with a dough hook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Put dough into a non-stick baking tin (approximate size 16cm x 8cm x 4cm) and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes, before turning out to cool fully.
Serve with favourite keto fillings for sandwiches.
Betaquik® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.