Vanilla Ice Cream
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||1 portion||7 portions|
|Fat||24.3g||17.9g LCT||170.3g||125.3g LCT|
|6.4g MCT||45g MCT|
*Image represents 1 portion
|Double cream e.g. Morrisons/Tesco||200g|
|Vanilla essence||1 tablespoon|
|Liquid sweetener e.g. Hermesetas||2 teaspoons|
- Place Betaquik®, cream, water, vanilla essence and sweetener into a saucepan over a low heat. Stir frequently for approximately 5 minutes until heated through (do not boil).
- Add egg yolks and cornflour to a bowl and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Pour heated Betaquik® mixture into bowl, whisking continuously until a smooth, pale yellow mixture has formed.
- Pour mixture into a clean saucepan. Over a low heat, whisk continuously for 4-5 minutes until thickened (do not boil).
- Once mixture has cooled, pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container, cover and place in the freezer.
- Mixture can also be served as custard by simply following the recipe to step 4.
- Sugar free Da Vinci syrups are good dessert sauces!
- You can replace the vanilla essence with alternative flavours such as almond, mint, rhubarb and caramel flavouring (e.g. Foodie flavours natural flavouring – Lakeland)
- Colour the ice cream by adding a few drops of suitable food colouring before adding to the ice cream maker
To download the Vanilla Ice Cream recipe card click here.
Betaquik® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.