Vanilla Ice Cream
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Per 1 portion||Per 10 portions|
|Almond milk, e.g. Almond breeze/Alpro||250g|
|Double cream e.g. Morrisons/Tesco||200g|
|Liquid sweetner e.g. Hermesetas||1 squirt|
1. Place almond milk, cream, vanilla essence and sweetener into a saucepan over
a low heat. Stir frequently for approximately 5 minutes until heated through
(do not boil).
2. Add egg yolks and cornflour to a bowl, whisk until smooth and add to
3. Stir mixture continuously, allowing to thicken (do not boil). Once a smooth,
pale yellow mixture has formed, take pan off heat and set aside.
4. Once mixture has cooled, pour into an ice cream maker and follow
- Mixture can also be served as custard by simply following the
recipe to step 3.
• Sugar free Da Vinci syrups are good dessert sauces.
• You can replace the vanilla essence with alternative flavours such as almond, mint, rhubarb and caramel flavouring (e.g.Foodie flavours natural flavouring – Lakeland).
• Colour the ice cream by adding a few drops of suitable food colouring before adding to the ice cream maker.
To download the Vanilla Ice Cream recipe card click here.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.