Thai Crab Cakes & Celeriac Mash
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Celeriac, peeled and chopped||100g|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|MKD Bread Roll (see recipe, contains MCTprocal®)||1/2 Roll (25g)|
|Coriander, fresh and finely chopped||2g|
|Thai 7 spice, Schwartz||1g|
|White crab meat, tinned||125g (drained)|
|Spring onions, finely chopped||5g|
|Chilli Mayo Dip|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman's||25g|
1. Add celeriac to a saucepan, cover with water. On a high heat bring to a boil, reduce
heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until soft, drain well.
2. Blend the MKD bread roll to a breadcrumb texture.
3. To make the crab cakes, mix all the crab cake ingredients except for the olive oil, until
4. Divide the crab cake mixture into 2 equal portions, and using your hands shape into 2
5. Heat oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Fry the crab cakes for 2 minutes on each side
ensuring to soak up all the oil.
6. Add celeriac to a bowl with betaquik®, butter, salt and pepper, using a hand blender
blend until a thick puréed texture.
7. Mix the mayonnaise and chilli powder together and serve with the crab cakes and
• Use celeriac chunky chips instead of mash! (see recipe)
To download the Thai Crab Cakes and Celeriac Mash recipe card click here.
betaquik® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.