Thai Crab Cakes & Celeriac Mash
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Celeriac, peeled and chopped||100g|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|MKD Bread Roll (see recipe, contains MCTprocal™)||1/2 Roll (25g)|
|Coriander, fresh and finely chopped||2g|
|Thai 7 spice, Schwartz||1g|
|White crab meat, tinned||125g (drained)|
|Spring onions, finely chopped||5g|
|Chilli Mayo Dip|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman's||25g|
1. Add celeriac to a saucepan, cover with water. On a high heat bring to a boil, reduce
heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until soft, drain well.
2. Blend the MKD bread roll to a breadcrumb texture.
3. To make the crab cakes, mix all the crab cake ingredients except for the olive oil, until
4. Divide the crab cake mixture into 2 equal portions, and using your hands shape into 2
5. Heat oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Fry the crab cakes for 2 minutes on each side
ensuring to soak up all the oil.
6. Add celeriac to a bowl with betaquik®, butter, salt and pepper, using a hand blender
blend until a thick puréed texture.
7. Mix the mayonnaise and chilli powder together and serve with the crab cakes and
• Use celeriac chunky chips instead of mash! (see recipe)
To download the Thai Crab Cakes and Celeriac Mash recipe card click here.
MCTprocal and betaquik are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical
supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for
allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.