Thai Crab Cakes & Celeriac Mash
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Celeriac, peeled and chopped||100g|
|Salt and pepper||1 pinch (to taste)|
|MKD Bread Roll (see recipe, contains MCTprocal™)||1/2 Roll (25g)|
|Coriander, fresh and finely chopped||2g|
|Thai 7 spice, Schwartz||1g|
|White crab meat, tinned||125g (drained)|
|Spring onions, finely chopped||5g|
|Chilli Mayo Dip|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman's||25g|
*approximately 4g oil absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
Keto Thai Crab Cakes & Celeriac Mash Recipe
- Add celeriac to a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until soft, drain well. Whilst the celariac is cooking, start to make the crab cakes
- Blend the MKD bread roll to a breadcrumb texture.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for the olive oil until combined.
- Divide the crab cake mixture into 2 equal portions, and using your hands shape into 2 cakes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the crab cakes for 2 minutes on each side ensuring to soak up all the oil.
- While the crab cakes are cooking, add celeriac to a bowl with carbzero, butter, salt and pepper, using a hand blender blend until a thick puréed texture.
- Mix the mayonnaise and chilli powder together and serve with the crab cakes and mash.
To download the Thai Crab Cakes and Celeriac Mash recipe card click here.
MCTprocal™ & carbzero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.