Thai Crab Cakes & Celeriac Chips
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Celeriac Chunky Chips|
|Vegetable oil* for deep fat fryer||As per manufacturer's instructions|
|MKD Bread Roll (see recipe, contains MCTprocal™)||1/2 Roll (25g)|
|Thai 7 spice, Schwartz||1g|
|White crab meat, tinned||125g (drained)|
|Spring onions, finely chopped||5g|
|Chilli Mayo Dip|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman's||30g|
*approximately 4g oil absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
Keto Thai Crab Cakes & Celeriac Chips Recipe
- Preheat oil in fryer to 180˚C.
- Cut celeriac into chips of approx. 9cm in length by 2cm thick to make 6 chips.
- When ready to cook the crab cakes, place the celeriac chips into basket of the fryer and lower into the oil, cook for 5 minutes.
Thai crab akes
- Blend the MKD bread roll to a breadcrumb texture.
- To make the crab cakes, mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the olive oil, until combined.
- Divide the crab cake mixture into 2 equal portions, and using your hands shape into 2 cakes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the crab cakes for 2 minutes on each side, ensuring to soak up all the oil.
- Mix the mayonnaise and chilli powder together and serve with the crab cakes and chips.
To download the Thai Crab Cakes and Celeriac Chips recipe card click here.
MCTprocal™ & carbzero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.