Thai Crab Cakes & Celeriac Chips
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Celeriac Chunky Chips|
|Vegetable oil* for deep fat fryer||As per manufacturer's instructions|
|MKD Bread Roll (see recipe, contains MCTprocal®)||1/2 Roll (25g)|
|Coriander, fresh and finely chopped||2g|
|Thai 7 spice, Schwartz||1g|
|White crab meat, tinned||125g (drained)|
|Spring onions, finely chopped||5g|
|Chilli Mayo Dip|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman's||30g|
*approximately 4g oil absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
1. Preheat the vegetable oil in the deep fat fryer at 160˚C.
2. Cut celeriac into chips of approx. 9cm in length by 2cm thick to make 5 chips
3. When ready to cook the crab cakes, place the celeriac chips into basket of the fryer
and lower into the oil, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Lift basket out of fryer and shake the chips to remove excess oil.
Thai crab cakes
1. Blend the MKD bread roll to a breadcrumb texture.
2. Mix all the crab cake ingredients in a bowl, except for the olive oil, until combined.
3. Divide the crab cake mixture into 2 equal portions, and using your hands shape into 2
4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Fry the crab cakes for 2 minutes on
each side, ensuring to soak up all the oil.
Chilli mayo dip
1. Mix the mayonnaise and chilli powder together and serve with the crab cakes and chips.
1. Use celeriac mash instead of chips! (see recipe)
To download the Thai Crab Cakes and Celeriac Chips recipe card click here.
MCTprocal and betaquik are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical
supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for
allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.