This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Vegetable oil* for deep fat fryer||As per manufacturer's instructions|
|Garlic purée e.g. Gia||1g|
|Thai 7 spice e.g. Schwartz||1g|
|King prawns, cooked||55g|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman's||10g|
*approximately 10g oil absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
Keto Tempura Prawns Recipe
- Pre- heat deep fat fryer to 170˚C.
- In a bowl mix together, the egg and MCTprocal® and add the garlic puree and Thai 7 spice to make a batter.
- Add prawns to the batter, ensure they are well covered and all batter is used.
- Using tongs place each prawn into the deep fat fryer individually, they will
sink to the bottom of fryer and gradually rise during cooking.
- Cook for 2 minutes, turn each over and cook for a further 90 seconds.
- Remove prawns from the fryer whilst gently shaking excess oil.
- Serve with mayonnaise.
- A lovely accompaniment to mooli noodles (see recipe)
To download the Tempura Prawns recipe card click here.
MCTprocal® are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.