Stuffed Pepper with Tofu
- Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Recipe makes 1 portion
- 2.8:1 ratio
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Green pepper, halved||55g|
|Tofu, diced into small cubes e.g. Cauldron||50g|
|Cheddar cheese, grated||13g|
|Low fat green pesto||10g|
- Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5.
- Brush the outside of the pepper with half of the oil and place on a baking tray (cut side down). Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Whilst the pepper is roasting, add remaining oil to a frying pan and stir fry the cauliflower for 2 minutes until golden. Add tofu to the pan and stir fry for a further minute.
- When pepper has softened slightly, remove from oven and fill with cauliflower and
- Top with grated cheese and return to oven for a further 10 minutes until cheese has
melted and started to brown.
- To make the sauce, add carbzero to a saucepan and stir in the pesto. Simmer for 5 minutes until starting to reduce and thicken.
- Serve sauce with the tofu stuffed pepper.
- For a different flavour try red pesto, however remember to allow for any additional carbohydrate this may provide
- For a softer pepper roast on both sides
- Serve with cauliflower ‘rice’ (see recipe card)
To download the stuffed pepper with tofu recipe card click here
carbzero is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.