Stuffed Pepper with Tofu
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Green pepper, halved||55g|
|Tofu, diced into small cubes e.g. Cauldron||50g|
|Cheddar cheese, grated||13g|
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5.
2. Brush the outside of the pepper with half of the oil and place on a baking
tray (cut side down). Roast for 10-15 minutes.
3. Whilst the pepper is roasting, add remaining oil to a frying pan and stir fry
the cauliflower for 2 minutes until golden. Add tofu to the pan and stir fry for
a further 1 minute.
4. Add betaquik™ and water to the pan and stir in the pesto. Simmer for 5
minutes until starting to reduce.
5. Check the pepper has softened slightly, remove from oven and fill with
cauliflower and tofu mixture.
6. Top with grated cheese and return to oven for a further 10 minutes until
cheese has melted and started to brown.
7. Allow to cool for a moment and serve.
• For a different flavour try red pesto, however remember to
allow for any additional carbohydrate this may provide.
• For a softer pepper roast on both sides.
• Serve with cauliflower ‘rice’ (see recipe card)
To download the stuffed pepper with tofu recipe card click here
betaquik™ is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
These recipes have been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.