This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Energy (calories)||452 kcal|
|Carrot, peeled and diced||10g|
|Swede, peeled and diced||15g|
|Leek, thinly sliced||20g|
|Garlic puree e.g. Gia Garlic Puree||1g|
|Tomato Puree e.g. Gia Sundried Tomato||1g|
|Celeriac, peeled and diced||75g|
|Double cream e.g. Morrisons or Tesco||5g|
|Cheddar cheese, grated||5g|
- Pre heat the oven to 180˚C/160 ˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add carrot, swede, leek, mushrooms and lamb to the saucepan, cook on a medium heat for five minutes.
- Add garlic and tomato purees, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in betaquik®, cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the celeriac into a separate saucepan, add water to cover it, heat until boiling, reduce heat and cook until soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain the celeriac and place into a bowl, add melted butter and cream.
- Use a handheld blender, blend the celeriac until smooth.
- Add lamb mixture to a 10cm wide ovenproof dish.
- Using a spoon, spread celeriac mash over the lamb mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over the celeriac mash.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and serve.
betaquik® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.