This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||QUANTITY 1||QUANTITY 2|
|Fat||7.3g||5.8g LCT||73.4g||57.8g LCT|
|1.6g MCT||15.6g MCT|
|Sweetener e.g. Sukrin® gold||36g|
|Butter, room temperature||36g|
|Carbohydrate-free baking powder e.g Barkat||1g|
- Pre heat the oven to 170˚C /150˚C fan /gas mark 3.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sweetener together.
- Add in ground almonds, and baking powder, mix until a dough is formed
and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper and using a rolling pin, roll
to a 1cm thickness.
- Using a 7cm diameter star-shaped cutter, cut 10-star shapes. You may need to re-roll
- Place the biscuits on a non-stick baking tray (alternatively line a baking tray with
baking parchment) and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer and leave to cool on a wire rack to allow them to
become crispy before serving.
- Add mixed spice or cinnamon to add some more flavour!
- Use the biscuits to make a base for a cheesecake (see recipe)
To download the Plain Biscuits recipe card click here.
MCTprocal™ is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.