Nachos with Guacamole
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Uncooked tortilla (see recipe contains MCTprocal™)||1|
|Vegetable oil* for deep fat fryer||As per manufacturer's instructions|
|Avocado, ripe, chopped||30g|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman's||20g|
|Spring Onion, finely chopped||5g|
|Tomatoes, finely chopped||10g|
Keto Nachos and Guacamole Recipe
- Preheat oven to 200˚C/fan 180˚C/gas mark 6.
- Heat vegetable oil in deep fat fryer to 180˚C.
- Cut tortilla into 8 triangular pieces, place in the frying basket and lower into oil.
- Gently shake basket to prevent them sticking together, cook for 1 minute and turn nachos over, continue cooking for a further 90 seconds.
- Remove basket from fryer, place nachos onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese on top. Place in oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the guacamole by adding the remaining ingredients to a bowl and mash with a fork until desired consistency.
- Serve nachos with guacamole.
To download the Nachos with Guacamole recipe card click here.
MCTprocal™ is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.