Mississippi Mud Pie
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Cocoa powder e.g. Bournville||1g|
|Liquid sweetener e.g. Hermesetas||1-2 drops|
|Spray oil||1-2 sprays|
- Pre heat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Add cocoa powder, ground almonds, MCTprocal and butter into a bowl, rub together with fingertips until you get a crumbly texture.
- Add water and liquid hermesetas, mix with spatula to get a dough like mixture.
- Spray a 3 inch loose bottom mini flan tin with oil and press the mixture around the tin until evenly distributed.
- Place a layer of greaseproof paper on top of mixture and place in oven (bake bind) for 5-10 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Once base has cooled, spread Keyo evenly on top.
- Lightly whip double cream, then either spread or pipe cream over top of Keyo and enjoy!
To download the Mississippi Mud Pie recipe click here
Keyo and MCTprocal are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in the ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.