Minced Beef and Aubergine Bake
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Aubergine, sliced into thin strips||60g|
|Minced beef, raw||60g|
|Garlic purée e.g GIA||1g|
|Tomato purée e.g GIA Sun Dried||5g|
|Mixed herbs||a pinch|
|Cheddar cheese, grated||20g|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
- Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry aubergine for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, turn over half way through cooking until softened and starting to colour. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the minced beef and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned. Add onion, garlic purée and cook until softened.
- Add tomato puree, betaquik®, water and mixed herbs. Continue to cook over a medium heat until the sauce has started to thicken, adding salt and pepper as desired.
- Lay half of the aubergine slices on the bottom of an oven-proof dish and pour over half the minced beef mixture. Top with half of the grated cheese.
- Repeat step 5 with remaining aubergine, mince and cheese.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
To download the Minced Beef and Aubergine Bake recipe, click here.
- Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you
- Serve with permitted vegetables or salad
betaquik® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.