Minced Beef and Aubergine Bake
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Recipe makes 1 portion
- 2:1 ratio
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Aubergine, sliced into thin strips||60g|
|Garlic, finely chopped||1g|
|Mixed herbs||a pinch|
|Cheddar cheese, grated||20g|
- Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry aubergine for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, turn over half way through cooking until softened and starting to colour. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the minced beef and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned then add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add tomato purée, carbzero and mixed herbs. Continue to cook over a medium heat until the sauce has started to thicken, adding seasoning as desired.
- Lay half of the aubergine slices on the bottom of an oven-proof dish and pour over half the minced beef mixture. Top with half of the grated cheese.
- Repeat step 5 with remaining aubergine, mince and cheese.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with permitted vegetables or salad
To download the Minced Beef and Aubergine Bake please click here
carbzero is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.