This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Uncooked tortilla (see recipe, contains MCTprocal™ )||1|
|Vegetable oil for frying||As per manufacturer's instructions|
|Spring onions, finely chopped||4g|
|Tomatoes, finely chopped||10g|
|Garlic purée e.g. Gia||1g|
|Sun-dried tomato purée e.g. Gia||4g|
|Chilli powder||1 pinch|
|Fajita seasoning e.g. Schwartz||1 pinch|
* approximately 7g oil absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
Keto Mexican Empanada Recipe
- Preheat vegetable oil in deep fat fryer to 180˚C.
- Add olive olive oil to a pan over a medium heat, add all ingredients and stir until the chicken is cooked, approx. 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken mixture into a bowl, cover and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add cooled chicken mixture to one half of tortilla, leaving some room at the edge.
- Moisten this edge with water and fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling. Press the edges together using your finger or a fork.
- Place empanada into frying basket and lower into oil, cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from fryer and serve.
- Try with one of our keto dips.
To download the Mexican Empanada recipe card click here.
MCTprocal™ & carbzero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.