MCT Banana Muffins and Cream with Betaquik Shot
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Recipe makes 1 portion
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Banana Muffins and Cream|
|Skimmed milk powder||10g|
|Carbohydrate free baking powder e.g. Barkat||⅛ tablespoon|
|Sweetener e.g. Hermesetas Liquid or Truvia||A few drops or ¼-½ teaspoon|
|Anchor 'squirty' extra thick cream||8g|
- Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5.
- Mix together skimmed milk powder, mashed banana and ground almonds.
- Mix 50g betaquik, egg, carbohydrate free baking powder and sweetener into this mixture.
- Divide mixture equally into two cupcake/silicone moulds and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Serve both muffins with Anchor ‘squirty’ cream and 50g ‘shot’ betaquik.
- Allow muffins to cool before removing from moulds
- Silicone moulds work well
- For alternative flavours add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon/ginger or a few drops of vanilla essence to the mixture before baking
- Perfect for breakfast, packed lunch or picnics
- Flavour betaquik shot with sugar free Da Vinci Syrup
To download the MCT Banana Muffins and Cream recipe card click here
betaquik is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.