This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Gelatine||2g (1 leaf)|
|Almond milk e.g. Almond breeze/Alpro||25g|
|Double cream e.g. Morrisons/Tesco||27g|
|Cream cheese, full fat e.g. Philadelphia||60g|
|Lemon zest||Zest of 1 lemon|
|Liquid sweetener e.g. Hermesetas||to taste|
- Submerge the gelatine leaf in cold water for approximately 5 minutes until softened, squeeze water out of gelatine leaf.
- Put a small saucepan on a medium heat, add all ingredients and gelatine into the pan. Whisk until a thick smooth mixture has formed (do not boil)
- Pour the mixture into a small serving dish/mould.
- Leave to set in the fridge for approximately 2 hours.
- Use lime or orange zest for a different citrus flavour
- Make a biscuit base with savoury or sweet flaxseed buscuits (see recipe)
To download the Lemon Parfait recipe card click here
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.