This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Spray oil||1-2 sprays|
|Spring onions, chopped||3g|
|Tomato, finely chopped||3g|
|Green pepper, finely chopped||5g|
|Mushrooms, finely chopped||5g|
|Curry powder, turmeric & ground coriander powder||A pinch of each|
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Spray oil into a small frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add lamb, spring onions, tomatoes, pepper, mushrooms, spinach, all spices and herbs and lightly fry for 10 minutes until lamb is browned and cooked through.
- The mixture should be dry, set aside to cool.
- Add ground almonds, butter and MCTprocal in to a bowl. Rub together with finger tips until a crumbly texture is achieved.
- Add water and mix with a spatula to form a ball shaped pastry-like dough.
- Using an A4 sized piece of greaseproof paper, set the ball in the centre of one half, fold the other half of the paper over the ball, flatten out and roll with a rolling pin to a create a circle shape with the dough, approximately 2mm thick.
- Peel back greaseproof paper from pastry surface and add cooled filling to one half of the pastry circle, leaving some room at the edge. Moisten this edge with water and fold the pastry over the filling. Crimp the edge using your fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with dips e.g. mint or curried mayonnaise
To download the Lamb Samosa Recipe Card, click here.
MCTprocal is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.