Lamb Hot Pot
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Carrot, peeled and diced||10g|
|Swede, peeled and diced||15g|
|Leek, thinly sliced||20g|
|Garlic Puree e.g. Gia Garlic Puree||1g|
|Tomato Puree e.g. Gia Sundried Tomato||1g|
|Rosemary, dried||1 pinch|
* Use non-lean diced lamb or lamb with the highest fat content i.e. 20g per 100g or more
- Pre heat the oven to 180˚C/160 ˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add carrot, swede, leek, mushrooms and lamb to the saucepan, cook on a medium heat for five minutes.
- Add garlic and tomato purees and rosemary, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in betaquik® and water, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the celeriac into a separate saucepan, add water to cover it, heat until boiling, reduce heat and cook for a further five minutes and, rinse under cold water.
- Cut celeriac into eight equal slices.
- Add lamb mixture into a 10cm x 12cm rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Place the celeriac slices over the lamb mixture and brush with melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and serve.
betaquik® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.