Indian Butter Chicken
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Chicken breast, raw, finely chopped||40g|
|Spring onions, chopped||10g|
|Green pepper, finely chopped||20g|
|Mushrooms, finely chopped||10g|
|Tomatoes, finely chopped||50g|
|Garlic purée e.g. GIA||1g|
|Double cream e.g. Morrisons/Tesco||55g|
1. Melt the butter with olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken
to pan and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Add spring onion, green pepper, mushroom, garlic purée and tomatoes, cook
for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally until softened.
3. Add curry powder, turmeric and chilli powder, stir in until combined and cook
for a further 1 minute.
4. Reduce heat to low, stir in cream and simmer for 2-3 mins (do not boil).
5. Once sauce has reduced, remove from heat and serve.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you
• Serve with cauliflower rice or naan bread (see recipes).
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.