This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Vegetable oil * for deep fat fryer||As per manufacturer's instructions|
*approximately 15g oil absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
Keto Halloumi Fries Recipe
- Preheat deep fat fryer to 160˚C.
- Mix in a bowl the egg and MCTprocal™ to make a batter.
- Cut the halloumi into 4 equal sized pieces and add them to the batter, ensure halloumi pieces are well covered and all batter is used.
- Using tongs place each piece of halloumi into the deep fat fryer individually, they will sink to the bottom of fryer and gradually rise during cooking.
- Cook for 2 minutes, turn each over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove halloumi from the fryer whilst gently shaking excess oil before serving.
- Great dipped into the tzatziki dip (see recipe)
To download the Halloumi Fries recipe card click here.
MCTprocal™ & carbzero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.