Golden Oven Baked Bread
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||1 loaf (12 slices)||1 slice|
|Ground Flaxseed e.g. Cold Milled Virginia Harvest||40g|
|Carbohydrate free baking powder e.g. Barkat||4g|
- Pre heat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Mix together butter, flaxseed and vinegar, leave to stand for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix ground almonds, MCTprocal and baking powder.
- Combine mixtures together.
- Add beaten egg and water, mix with spatula to make a batter.
- Line the base of a 6.5” tin with baking parchment then add mixture.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with peanut butter/sugar free jam/cheese
- Great for toasted sandwiches
To download the Golden Oven Baked Bread recipe card click here.
MCTprocal is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.