Festive Yule Log
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||per 1 portion||per 8 portions|
|Fat||15.5g||13g LCT||124.3g||104.3g LCT|
|2.5g MCT||20g MCT|
|Butter, room temperature||25g|
|Sweetener e.g. Sukrin® gold||14g|
|Carbohydrate free baking
powder e.g. Barkat
|Chocolate powder e.g. Dr
Oetker Fine Dark 100%
|Sugar-free icing sugar, sieved
e.g. Sukrin® Melis icing sugar
- Pre heat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a bowl, add butter and sweetener, beat with a spoon for 1 minute until fluffy.
- Add , baking powder, ground almonds and chocolate powder, use fingers
to rub the mixture to a sandy texture.
- Add egg and water, beat until a smooth batter is formed.
- Line a 30x20cm baking tray with non-stick baking paper and evenly spread sponge
mixture to cover.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Lay another sheet of baking paper onto a clean
- Remove from the oven and place the sponge face down onto new baking paper and
remove the tray. Allow the cake to cool.
- Carefully peel off the baking paper on top of the sponge.
- Spread a full pot of evenly on top of the sponge.
- Take one of the shortest edges of the sponge and using the baking paper underneath,
roll up the sponge tightly, making sure the filling stays inside. Roll the sponge off the
parchment on to a plate.
- When rolled dust with sugar-free icing sugar, add Christmas decorations on top.
and are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical
supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.