Festive Star Cinnamon Biscuits
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||per 1 biscuit||per 10 biscuits|
|Fat||7.3g||5.8g LCT||73.3g||57.7g LCT|
|1.6g MCT||15.6g MCT|
|For the Biscuits:|
|Butter, room temperature||36g|
|Sweetener e.g. Sukrin® gold||36g|
|Carbohydrate free baking powder
|For the icing:|
|Sugar-free icing sugar, sieved
e.g. Sukrin® Melis icing sugar
|Gold or silver spray on edible
- Pre heat the oven to 170˚C /150˚C fan /gas mark 3.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sweetener together.
- Add in , ground almonds, cinnamon and baking powder, mix until a
dough is formed and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper and using a rolling pin, roll
to a 1cm thickness.
- Using a 7cm diameter star-shaped cutter, cut 10-star shapes, you may need to re-roll
- Place the biscuits on a non-stick baking tray (alternatively line a baking tray with
baking parchment) and bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer and leave to cool on a wire rack to allow them to
- Add water and sugar-free icing sugar to a bowl, using a spatula mix into a thick
- Cover the star-shaped biscuits with the icing and spray with edible glitter on top for decoration
Top Tip! Mixed spice could replace the cinnamon.
MCTProcal is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.