This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||Per 1 Portion||Per 2 Portions|
|Fat||27.4g||19.2g LCT||54.7g||38.4g LCT|
|8.2g MCT||16.3g MCT|
|Butter, room temperature||15g|
|Sweetner e.g. Sukrin gold||8g|
|Vanilla essence||2 drops|
|Carbohydrate free baking powder, e.g. Barkat||1g|
|Butter Cream Icing|
|Butter, room temperature||12g|
|Sugar free icing sugar, e.g. Sukrin Melis icing sugar||30g|
|Gold or silver spray on edible glitter|
- Pre heat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Add butter and sweetener to a mixing bowl, beat with a spoon for 2 mins until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla essence and water, beat briefly to combine.
- Gently fold in MCTprocal™, baking powder, ground almonds, mixed spice and 2g of lemon zest, mix till a smooth batter is formed.
- Divide the cupcake mixture between two 7cm cup cases.
- Bake for 10 to 15 mins or until a metal skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer the cakes to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
Butter Cream Icing
- Add sugar-free icing sugar and butter to a bowl, beat together using a spoon.
- Add the double cream, continue to beat until smooth.
- Divide the butter cream between the two cupcakes.
- Spread the butter cream over the top of cake using a palette knife.
- Sprinkle freeze-dried raspberries and lemon zest on top and spray with edible glitter spray.
MCTprocal™ is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.