- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Recipe makes 1 portion
- 4:1 ratio
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Jam, reduced sugar||11g|
|Vanilla essence||1-2 drops|
|Sweetener e.g. Hermesetas Liquid, or Truvia||A few drops or ¼ - ½ teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 160˚C/fan 140˚C/gas mark 3.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and mix in jam. Pour this mixture into a ramekin.
- Beat together egg, cream and carbzero with sweetener and vanilla extract. Pour into same ramekin.
- Place ramekin into an oven proof dish. Pour hot water into oven proof dish (hot water bath) until ramekin is half covered.
- Place in oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes until set.
- Serve with permitted stewed/fresh fruit and/or whipped or ‘squirty’ cream
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you
To download the Egg Custard recipe card click here.
carbzero is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.