Double Chocolate Pavlova
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Egg, whites only||30g|
|Sugar-free icing sugar e.g. Sukrin® Melis icing sugar||30g|
|Double cream, whipped e.g. Morrison’s or Tesco||23g|
|Dark chocolate, grated e.g. Lindt 90% dark chocolate||1g|
|Sugar-free chocolate sauce e.g. Walden Farms||5g|
- Pre heat oven 110˚C/fan 90˚C/gas mark ¼.
- Add egg whites into a large clean mixing bowl (not plastic).
- Using an electric hand whisk, on a medium speed whisk until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud and stands up in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.
- Turn the speed up and add the sugar-free icing sugar. Continue beating for 30 to 40 seconds until mixture stands up in stiff peaks.
- Place baking parchment on a large baking sheet. Using a pencil, draw a circle, about 8cm diameter, onto the parchment.
- Spoon the meringue into a large piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle.
- Pipe a blob of meringue in the middle of the circle and pipe a circle around it twice to fit inside of the drawn circle. Pipe a second circle on top of the first to form a nest.
- For the meringue top, Hold the piping bag vertically to the baking sheet, gently squeeze, pulling the bag up and away to make a peak.
- Bake for 90 minutes in a fan oven or 100 minutes in a conventional oven, until the meringues sound crisp when tapped underneath and are a pale coffee colour.
- Add the whipped cream to a bowl, gently fold in K.Yo™.
- Spoon the filling into the pavlova base.
- Drizzle 2.5g chocolate sauce and sprinkle all the grated chocolate over the pavlova.
- Place meringue top over the filling and drizzle the remining chocolate sauce over the top.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.