This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||Per 1 portion||Per 2 portion|
|Fat||22.0g||13.8g LCT||43.9g||27.6g LCT|
|8.2g MCT||16.3g MCT|
|Butter, room temperature||15g|
|Sweetener e.g. Sukrin® gold||8g|
|Vanilla essence||2 drops|
|Carbohydrate-free baking powder e.g Barkat||1g|
- Pre heat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Add butter and sweetener to a mixing bowl, beat for 2 mins until fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla essence and water, beat to combine.
- Gently fold in MCTprocal™ , baking powder and ground almonds, mix till a smooth
batter is formed.
- Divide the cupcake mixture between two 7cm diameter cupcake cases.
- Bake for 10 to 15 mins or until a metal skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer the cakes to a wire rack and leave to cool completely before serving.
- Use a carbohydrate-free icing sugar e.g. Sukrin Melis to
make a topping for the cupcakes
To download the Cupcakes recipe card click here.
MCTprocal™ is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.