This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||Quantity (2 small cookies)|
|Almond flour e.g. Sukrin||14g|
|MCTprocalTM||32g (2 x 16g sachets)|
|Carbohydrate free baking powder e.g Barkat||¼ teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||A pinch|
|Whole egg, beaten||8g|
|Sweetener e.g. Liquid Hermestas or Truvia||¼ - ½ teaspoon or 1 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Add almond flour, MCTprocal , baking powder and ground cinnamon into a mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add melted butter, egg and sweetener to the bowl and stir until a slightly sticky firm dough has formed.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and divide mixture into 2 large balls, flattening to approximately 1cm thick on the tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and lightly golden.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Recipe can also make 2 large cookies
- 10g of MCT per large cookie
- For alternative flavours such as ginger, almond and caramel replace the cinnamon with a different suitable flavouring
- Lakeland have a great variety of natural flavourings and sugar free Da Vinci syrups work well too!
To download the Cinnamon Cookies recipe card please click here
MCTprocal is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.