Chocolate Swiss Roll
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||Quantity per portion||Quantity|
|Fat||15.6g||13.1g LCT||124.5g||104.5g LCT|
|2.5g MCT||20g MCT|
|Butter, room temperature||25g|
|Sweetener e.g. Sukrin® gold||14g|
|Carbohydrate-free baking powder e.g. Barkat||3 g|
|Chocolate powder e.g. Dr Oetker Fine Dark 100%||3g|
|Sugar-free icing sugar, sieved e.g. Sukrin® Melis icing sugar||30g|
- Pre heat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a bowl, add butter and sweetener, beat with a spoon for 1 minute until fluffy.
- Add MCTprocal®, carbohydrate-free baking powder, ground almonds and chocolate powder, use fingers to rub the mixture to a sandy texture.
- Add egg and water, beat until a smooth batter.
- Line a 30x20cm baking tray with non-stick baking paper and evenly spread sponge mixture to cover.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Lay another sheet of baking paper onto a clean worktop.
- Remove from the oven and lay another sheet of baking paper onto the top of the sponge and flip the baking tray over onto a worktop. Allow the cake to cool.
- Carefully peel off the baking paper on top of the sponge.
- Spread K.Yo™ evenly on top of the sponge.
- Take one of the shortest edges of the sponge and using the baking paper underneath, roll up the sponge tightly, making sure the filling stays inside. Roll the sponge off the parchment on to a plate.
Serving Suggestions Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you
- Pour custard (see recipe) or cream over the top.
K.Yo™ and MCTprocal® are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.