Chocolate Eton Mess
- 3:1 ratio
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 90 minutes
- Recipe makes 1 portion
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Egg, whites only||20g|
|Sugar-free icing sugar e.g. Sukrin® Melis icing sugar||20g|
|Double cream, whipped e.g. Morrison’s or Tesco||22g|
|Dark chocolate, grated e.g. Lindt 90% dark chocolate||1g|
- Pre heat oven 90˚C/fan 90˚C/gas mark ¼.
- Add egg whites into a large clean mixing bowl (not plastic).
- Beat on medium speed with an electric hand whisk until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud and stands up in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.
- Turn the speed up and start to add all the sugar-free icing sugar. Continue beating for 30 to 40 seconds until mixture stands up in stiff peaks.
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop a heaped spoonful of the mixture. Using another dessertspoon, ease it on to the baking sheet to make an oval shape.
- Bake for 90 mins in a fan oven or 100 mins in a conventional oven, until the meringues sound crisp when tapped underneath and are a pale coffee colour.
- Break the meringue into large pieces.
- Add whipped cream into a bowl, gentle fold in the K.Yo, chopped raspberries and meringue pieces.
- Sprinkle grated dark chocolate over the top.
K.Yo is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.