This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||Quantity per portion||Quantity per 2 portions|
|Fat||26.6g||20.3g LCT||53.1g||40.6g LCT|
|6.3g MCT||12.5g MCT|
|Vegetable oil * for deep fat fryer||As per manufacturer’s instructions|
|Carbohydrate-free baking powder e.g. Barkat||0.5g|
|Vanilla essence||2 drops|
|Liquid sweetener e.g. Hermasetas||2 drops|
|Sugar-free icing sugar e.g. Sukrin® Melis icing sugar||10g|
|Cinnamon, ground||1g / 2 pinches|
*approximately 9g of oil is absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
- Pre heat the vegetable oil in the deep fat fryer to 150˚C.
- In a bowl, mix the ground almonds, MCTprocal® and carbohydrate-free baking powder.
- Add butter, egg, vanilla essence and sweetener, mix using a spatula until a thick dough consistency.
- Fit a 1.5 – 2cm wide star nozzle to a piping bag.
- Fill with the dough, pipe 6 strips, 8cm long directly into the deep fat fryer, snipping off each dough strip with a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Cook for 1 minute each side, roll over each churro until golden brown.
- Line a baking tray with kitchen roll, remove each churro from the fryer with a slotted spoon to drain the oil, place on the tray to cool.
- Mix sugar-free icing sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and toss the churros in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with K.Yo™ for dipping the churros in.
K.Yo™ and MCTprocal® are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.