This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Liquid sweetener e.g. Hermesetas||2-3 drops|
|Cocoa powder e.g. Bournville||6g|
|Ground flaxseed e.g. Cold Milled Virginia Harvest||10g|
|Dark chocolate, grated e.g. Supermarket own brand||9g|
- Pre heat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Mix eggs, betaquik® and liquid sweetener together.
- In a separate bowl add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix egg, betaquik® and sweetener mixture into the dry ingredients until a thick batter is formed.
- Divide into two equal portions, add to brownie tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Good for packed lunches, picnics or a special celebration
- Try silicon moulds or muffin tins instead of a brownie tin
- For a different flavour, use carbohydrate free flavouring e.g. orange flavouring
- Serve with sugar free chocolate sauce e.g. Walden Farms
- Save some grated chocolate and sprinkle over the top of the cooked brownies
To download the Chocolate Brownies recipe card click here.
MCTprocal and betaquik® are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.