Cheesy Mushroom Pesto ‘Leek Pasta’
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Green peppers, sliced||20g|
|Skimmed milk powder||8g|
|Cream cheese, low fat e.g. Philadelphia light||28g|
|Green pesto, reduced fat e.g. Tesco||28g|
|Parmesan, fresh, finely grated||12g|
- Slice leeks down the centre (to resemble tagliatelle pasta strips/ribbons) and boil for approximately 5 minutes until softened. Drain and put to one side.
- Heat MCT oil over a medium heat in a frying pan and fry onions until softened.
- Add sliced peppers and mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- In another saucepan gently heat betaquik® and simmer.
- Mix skimmed milk powder with a small amount of water to make a paste and add to the betaquik® whilst stirring continuously.
- Add cream cheese and pesto. Stir until thickened.
- Stir vegetables, leeks and 3/4 of parmesan into the creamy pesto sauce.
- Top with remainder of grated parmesan and serve.
To download the Cheesy Mushroom Pesto ‘Leek Pasta’ recipe card click here
betaquik® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.