This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Skimmed milk powder e.g. Asda or Marvel||7g|
|Full fat cheddar cheese, grated||30g|
- Melt butter in a saucepan and gradually add cornflour. Stir continuously (soft lumps will form but continue to stir) and cook for 1-2 minutes on a low heat.
- Mix skimmed milk powder with the smallest amount of water possible to make a paste.
- Add skimmed milk paste and betaquik® to the cornflour until a smooth sauce is formed (can add a little water if desired).
- Simmer for 3 minutes (do not boil) until thickened and season. Add more water at this stage if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Stir in grated cheese until melted.
- Divide sauce into 2 equal portions.
- Adding mustard powder, tabasco sauce, or garlic can give the saucea bit of a kick!
- Stir through cooked very low carbohydrate pasta, then bake or grill
until lightly browned on top
- Pour over steamed or cooked permitted vegetables (see cauliflower cheese recipe card)
To download the Cheese Sauce recipe card click here
betaquik® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.