This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||QUANTITY 1||QUANTITY 2|
|Fat||15.5g||12.2g LCT||93.1g||73.1g LCT|
|3.3g MCT||20g MCT|
|Butter, room temperature||25g|
|Sweetener e.g. Sukrin gold||14g|
|Carbohydrate-free baking powder e.g. Barkat||3g|
|Vanilla essence||2 drops|
|Sugar-free maple syrup e.g. Walden Farms||10g|
|Carrot, finely grated||10g|
|Cream cheese icing|
|Sugar-free maple syrup e.g. Walden Farms||20g|
|Cream cheese, full fat||20g|
|Double cream e.g. Morrison's or Tesco||6g|
- Pre heat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a bowl, add butter and sweetener, mix for 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add MCTprocal™ , ground almonds, carbohydrate-free baking powder, walnuts, and cinnamon. Using fingers, rub the mixture to a sandy texture.
- Add egg, water, vanilla essence, sugar-free maple syrup and 8g of carrot, mix until a smooth, thick batter is formed
- Line a 12cm diameter spring loaded tin and pour in cake mixture. 6. Bake for 25 minutes or until a metal skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
Cream cheese icing
- Add sugar-free icing sugar and cream cheese to a bowl, mix together.
- Add the double cream, continue to mix until combined.
- Using a palette knife, spread the cream cheese icing over the top of cake.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2g of carrot over the top, cut into 6 equal portions and serve.
MCTprocal™ is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.