This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Spray oil||1-2 sprays|
|Sausage, gluten free e.g. Heck||10g|
|Spring onions, chopped||10g|
|Cheddar cheese, grated||6g|
- Pre heat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Oven cook or fry sausage and bacon for 5-10 minutes until cooked through and set aside to cool.
- Add butter, ground almonds and MCTprocal into a bowl, rub together with fingertips until a crumbly texture is achieved.
- Add water and mix with a spatula to form a dough like mixture.
- Spray a 3-inch loose bottom mini flan tin with oil and press mixture around tin until evenly distributed.
- Chop cooked bacon and sausage and add to base with onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Mix betaquik® into beaten egg and pour over filling.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and cook for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and using the loose bottom, remove quiche.
- Use smoked bacon or chorizo for a different flavour
To download the Breakfast Quiche recipe card click here.
MCTprocal and betaquik® are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.