This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||12 breadsticks||2 breadsticks|
|Ground Flaxseed e.g. Cold Milled Virginia Harvest||20g|
|Carbohydrate free baking powder e.g. Barkat||1g|
|Gia sundried tomato puree||2g|
|Cheddar cheese, grated||10g|
|Italian mixed herbs||3 pinches|
- Pre heat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Mix together butter, flaxseed and vinegar, leave to stand for 2 – 3 minutes (ensure the butter and flaxseed are mixed well).
- In a separate bowl mix ground almonds, MCTprocal, baking powder, Gia puree, grated cheese and mixed herbs.
- Combine mixtures together.
- Add beaten egg and water, mix with spatula to make batter.
- Line baking tray with baking parchment.
- Using spatula add mixture to plastic piping bag, snip end of bag 1cm from bottom.
- Pipe mixture into 12 x 9cm lengths.
- Cook for 10 minutes until golden.
- Great with dips – mayo, avocado, cheese, chilli mayo
To download the breadsticks recipe card click here.
MCTprocal is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.