Breaded Chicken Goujons
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Vegetable oil for deep fat fryer*||As per manufacturers instructions|
|MKD Bread roll (recipe contains MCTprocal®)||2/3 roll (34g)|
|Chicken breast, raw||60g|
|Mayonnaise, full fat. e.g. Hellman's||20g|
*approximately 21g of oil absorbed in the cooking process and factored into nutritional content
- Preheat the vegetable oil in the deep fat fryer at 160°C.
- Blend the portion of MKD bread roll to a breadcrumb texture, add to a bowl.
- Add MCTprocal® into another bowl and beaten egg into a third bowl.
- Mix the oil into the beaten egg.
- Slice chicken into 4 pieces, dip each chicken piece into MCTprocal®, then into the egg and oil mixture and lastly into the breadcrumbs, coating well at each step. Ensure they are well coated, and all 3 bowls are empty.
- Using tongs, place the chicken pieces into the deep fat fryer, cook for 5
- Using tongs, remove chicken from the fryer whilst gently shaking excess oil
before serving with mayonnaise dip.
- Add curry powder to the mayonnaise for some spice!
- Serve with Celeriac Chunky Chips
Download the Breaded Chicken Goujons recipe here
MCTprocal® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. These recipes have been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.