This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Nutritional content||6 Bread Rolls||1 Bread Roll|
|Fat||90.8g||LCT 60.8g||15.1g||LCT 10.1g|
|MCT 30g||MCT 5g|
|Almond flour flurry e.g. Holland and Barrett||108g|
|Psyllium husk e.g. Sat-Isabgol||25g|
|Carbohydrate free baking powder e.g. Barkat||6g|
- Pre heat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Mix together almond flour, baking powder, MCTprocal, psyllium husk and salt.
- Add egg white and vinegar, mix well.
- Pour in the boiling water and mix with a spatula until a dough forms.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and then shape in to buns. Alternatively use a 5cm diameter ice cream scoop to portion out which will provide 6 equal portions.
- Brush with a little beaten egg yolk or oil and bake for approximately 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Perfect for sandwiches and lunchboxes
- Great as a burger bun
- Serve with keto soup
To download the Bread Rolls recipe card click here.
MCTprocal is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.