Battered Cod Goujons
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Vegetable oil * for deep fat fryer||As per manufacturer's instructions|
|Cod, skinless loin, raw||60g|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman’s||20g|
*approximately 12g oil absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
1. Preheat the vegetable oil in the deep fat fryer to 160˚C.
2. Mix in a bowl the egg, MCTprocal®and oil to make a batter.
3. Cut the cod into 4 equal sized pieces and add them to the batter, ensure all
pieces are well covered and all the batter is used.
4. Using tongs, place each piece of cod into the deep fat fryer individually, they
will sink to the bottom of fryer and gradually rise during cooking.
5. Cook for 2 minutes, turn each over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Using tongs, remove cod from the fryer whilst gently shaking excess oil
before serving with mayonnaise dip.
• Serve with salt and vinegar
To download the Battered Cod Goujons recipe card click here.
MCTprocal® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
These recipes have been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.