Battered Cod Goujons and Chunky Celeriac Chips
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Vegetable oil * for deep fat fryer||As per manufacturer's instructions|
|Cod, skinless loin, raw||60g|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman’s||20g|
*approximately 12g oil absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
1. Preheat the vegetable oil in the deep fat fryer to 160˚C.
2. Mix in a bowl the egg, MCTprocal® and oil to make a batter.
3. Cut the cod into 4 equal sized pieces and add them to the batter, ensure all pieces are well covered and all the batter is used.
4. Using tongs place each piece of cod into the deep fat fryer individually, they will sink to the bottom of fryer and gradually rise during cooking.
5. Cook for 2 minutes, turn each over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Using tongs, remove cod from the fryer whilst gently shaking excess oil before placing on a baking tray in a warming drawer/warm oven whilst cooking the chips.
7. Cut celeriac into chips of approx. 9cm in length by 2cm thick to make 6 chips, place into basket of the fryer and lower into the oil, cook for 5 minutes.
8. Lift basket out of the fryer and shake the chips to remove excess oil, .
9. Serve with cod goujons and full fat mayonnaise.
• Serve with salt and vinegar
To download the Battered Cod Goujons and Chunky Celeriac Chips recipe card click here.
MCTprocal® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
These recipes have been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.