Battered Chicken Goujons
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Vegetable oil * for deep fat fryer||As per manufacturer's instructions|
|Chicken breast, skinless, roasted||60g|
|Mayonnaise, full fat e.g. Hellman’s||20g|
*approximately 12g oil absorbed in cooking process and factored into nutritional content
1. Preheat the vegetable oil in the deep fat fryer to 160˚C.
2. Mix in a bowl the egg, MCTprocal® and oil to make a batter.
3. Cut the cooked chicken into 4 equal sized pieces and add them to the batter, ensure all pieces are well covered and all the batter is used.
4. Using tongs, place each piece of chicken into the deep fat fryer individually, they will sink to the bottom of fryer and gradually rise during cooking.
5. Cook for 1½ minutes, turn each over and cook for a further 1½ minutes.
6. Using tongs, remove chicken from the fryer whilst gently shaking excess oil before serving with mayonnaise dip.
• Add chilli or curry powder to the mayonnaise for an alternative
To download the Battered Chicken Goujons recipe card click here.
MCTprocal® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet.
Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.