Banana Muffins and Bacon with MCT Shot
This ketogenic diet recipe provides approximately:
|Banana Muffins and Bacon|
|Carbohydrate free baking powder e.g. Barkat||⅛ teaspoon|
|Sweetener e.g. Hermesetas Liquid or Truvia||A few drops or ¼-½ teaspoon|
|Bacon, fat trimmed||46g|
- Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5.
- Mix together mashed banana and ground almonds.
- Add 50g betaquik®, egg, carbohydrate free baking powder and sweetener to this mixture and stir.
- Divide mixture equally into two cupcake/silicone moulds and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Grill bacon for approximately 10 minutes until cooked on both sides.
- Serve both muffins and bacon with 50g ‘shot’ of betaquik®.
- Leave muffins to cool before removing from moulds
- Silicone moulds work well
- Perfect for breakfast, packed lunch or picnics
- Flavour betaquik® shot with sugar free Da Vinci syrup
To download the Banana muffins and bacon recipe card click here.
Banana muffins and bacon recipe demonstration video
betaquik® is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a ketogenic diet. Refer to labels for allergens and other product information.
Always check with your dietitian what is suitable for you.